Friday, May 9, 2008

Frugal Friday: Found Table Runner

When you're throwing a party, sometimes the easiest way to save money on decorations is to repurpose something you already own.



Here, instead of buying a paper tablecloth that will be used once and thrown away, I used a multi-colored blanket as a table runner. We folded it in thirds and placed it over a fancy white tablecloth we already had. Search your closet for scarves, wraps, or other items that can be used to adorn your table. You might be surprised at what you discover that will inspire you!

(Thanks, Jennifer, for the beautiful blanket! Despite its inclusion here, I mostly plan to enjoy it as its meant to be used--as a summer throw. Don't worry, I'm taking good care of it! No Brazilian blankets were harmed during the celebratin' at this party. )

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I love your blog. You have so many great ideas. Thanks for linking to me . It is wonderful to know that other people are reading my blog.

Rachel said...

Have you read my post about a girls night out with an Indian theme (food, movie, tattoos)? Check it out if you get a chance. We had tons of fun. It was a great way to entertain.

http://seekingdelightfulpleasures.
blogspot.com/2008/04/indian-
theme-night.html