Friday, October 31, 2008

Reassessing Priorities

During October I have been pondering what to do with this blog.

I want to continue posting here, but as you can see I've not lived up to my end of the bargain since we moved. I actually have a plethora of links to party ideas bookmarked on delicious (especially from the fall/Halloween season), but I can never get around to posting them. And I always see cool stuff on other blogs and think "That's a great idea! I need to add it to my blog!" But then I feel as though this blog would be nothing but a collection of other people's ideas. (Although, is that really such a bad thing? There are so many creative bloggers and contributors out there, and I always give credit where it is due!) As for original stuff, we've thrown a variety of events the last few months; however, I either don't have good pictures (the parties went so well I had no time to get out the camera!) or they were total flops and only one or two people showed up. So, I'm reevaluating.

Surprisingly, I got a new comment today and it made me think that perhaps there is still a section of people who might benefit from my posting. I know I appreciate being able to search one site for all the good party/entertaining ideas I've seen. Anyone else? Anyone? Bueller?

I think I can commit to posting 3 times a week for starters. I'd like to go through the end of the year, at least, but then I have another son due at the beginning of February, so unless I find some time to stock up on at least a month's worth of prepared posts, you won't see me much around here after that.

If you like this blog and think I should keep it up, or have suggestions for me, please let me know in the comments below. Thanks!

2 comments:

Miriam said...

Hi Allison! I sent you an e-mail and I look forward to hearing back from you!

Jamie Lyn said...

Allison, I've enjoyed the blog, but I'm totally on board with you pulling back and focusing on your kid(s). As an over-extended mom to two, I'm here to tell you that this kind of thing gets VERY tough to squeeze in when the second baby comes along...that's the biggest reason I haven't started a blog myself! If you enjoy the event blog enough to stick with it and let something else slide, then by all means go for it, but please don't let this become one more thing that you feel guilty about not getting to.